Saturday, October 24, 2009

First, an introduction...


Hello there fine folks!

As some of you already know, I just got back yesterday from my first visit to Walt Disney World. It was something I've been dreaming of for more than twenty years, and was finally sprung upon me by my girlfriend.

What kept me from visiting my 'dream' destination for so long? Partially money, partially a fear of flying, and also a great deal of stories I've heard over the years dealing with the hassles surrounding travel. I didn't want to put up with any of it, but I can now say that it wasn't bad at all, and if it wasn't for my girlfriend, I probably wouldn't have ever given myself the kick in the butt that I needed in order to leave California.

This blog is a dedication and recollection of my trip (in the fullest extent that I can muster up). There's no way that I can surmise, sum up, or explain what transpired between 10/19/2009 and 10/23/2009 without virtually taking you there with me.

In closing, this blog might be a little lengthier than a casual listener might hope for. I'm sorry that I cannot resort to a 5-minute conversation, or send you to a website with random photos that I took during the adventure. If I'm going to present any of it, I'm going to HAVE to present it in a way that is contextually relevant, and in a way that lets you fully realize the weight of why Walt Disney World was a dream come true.

So stick around, and I'm sure that it will be worth it.

Thank you all for visiting, and I hope you come back!
Michael



(for the twitter feed from my trip, visit http://www.twitter.com/mikeatwdw)

0 comments:

Post a Comment